Thursday 28 November 2013

What TV shows taught me about Thanksgiving

Okay I'm English, and over on this side of the Atlantic we don't celebrate thanksgiving so I never really understand the whole thing. I know that it's about the pilgrims and the Native Americans giving each other stuff... and saying thankyou? I probably sound like an absolute retard to anyone reading this (which I kind of am). 

Of course I have seen TV show after TV show made in America that dedicate one particular episode to Thanksgiving, and from all that time I have spent killing my brain cells I have learned these things:


How I Met Your Mother
No matter how sensitive they are, or how scared, its okay to slap a friend really hard in the face as long as its thanksgi- whoops I mean Slapsgiving! Also if your father who disappointed you your whole life returns don't be mad at him, embrace the love and play weird boardgames.






Buffy the Vampire Slayer
To commemorate a past even you kill and eat an animal. Its a ritual sacrifice. With pie.
Also getting syphilis, attacked by angry spirits, shot in the chest, and visited from your once evil ex-boyfriend who is a vampirewithasoulwhoturnedbadandisnowgood againbutyoucantbetogetherbecauseonemomentof purehappinesswillforevertakehissoulaway leadingtomassmurderandlotsofemotionalbaggage.

http://www.dirtyandthirty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/84343-friends-the-one-with-the-thanksgiving-flashbacks-a-k-a-the-one-with.jpg
F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Wearing a turkey on your head is a great way to spread joy and thanks to the people who are around you. Especially when you add a fez and sunglasses, fezzes are cool.





 

 Family Guy
When you celebrate thanksgiving you can expect your dead son to return from Iraq.... I'm gonna be honest its been a while since I watched the episode and I really don't remember most of the plot except watching it made me really hungry!




Well that's it, hopefully now you can understand why I am so confused over thanksgiving and why it is such a mystery to me. All the same if you live in America have a great one, and don't forget to be thankful.

See ya soon,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment