Friday 1 November 2013

Afterlife theories (Life after Death)


Is there really life after death? The question has been asked over and over, and frankly I don't think we ever will truly know. I mean how could we, I myself have friends that have died and been resuscitated, and they do say they felt like they were moving towards a bright light. But can you really say they died if they were resuscitated .. or for them is this the afterlife. Well today I am going to talk about different theories on the afterlife that are from all over the world, and you get to choose which one you believe in or if you don't believe in any you can come up with your own. That's the beauty of it.

The Simulation Theory
It was really only after movies like the Matrix that these theories started coming around, and now they are among the most popular. I definitely agree that they are interesting but to be honest not quite my cup of tea, I don't like to think that everything I know is fake. But sometimes my mind does wonder and I cant help thinking what if...

The simulation theory does have some scientifically credibility, it may seem a little nerdy but technically it could happen. Look at it this way, games like 'Grand Theft Auto V' are continually getting better and better every day, and with every scientific step they will continue improving and getting more realistic. To the point that one day we (humans) might be able to create real life simulations that can in themselves create simulations, that will also create simulations, and so on.. And not just one but we will be able to create more than just a single universe as will all the others, in the end we would be left with an infinite amount of simulated universes and one real one. So how are we to know, maybe we live in a simulated world that was created by a greater being, or perhaps we are the original world that will create all simulations but that part of our existence lives only in our future.

It is incredibly interesting really but at the same time very frightening,

Heaven and Hell Theory
This theory is probably one of the first ever thought of by man kind, a good place and a bad place where we will live on in our bodies at their greatest and be judged on which to attend by our morals and a greater being. The concept really does bore me, it lacks imagination and is a bit too religious for my taste. I have nothing against religion myself but having grown up in a house full of it my teenage need to rebel is a little over powering. Non the less I will write about it.
I don't really feel as if I have to go into much detail on this one, unless you've been living under a rock you should know what the difference is between heaven and hell. Truthfully there isn't much evidence backing this theory except faith of those who believe in a god, we cant prove heaven or hell is really there as they are referred to most often as a spiritual state of place and being. I am not saying they're not there but there is no scientifically proof suggesting a physical whereabout so if it did exist in my oppinion it would be purely spiritual.

Infinite Universe
I think this one might be my favorite, I'm not too sure why perhaps its originality or simply its simplicity. I find it a little mind blowing myself so prepare yourself. 
It goes something like this: When we die our journey isn't just over, it continues forever. I don't mean you  get back up from your death bed, brush yourself off and get back to your daily business for the next infinite number of years. I mean each moment, each second, is happening at the same exact time as each other all in on space and all in one time, only there is no such thing as time. In this theory time is only a figment of our creativity, the human race trying to explain what it cannot understand. So in a way all of our decisions are pointless because they kinda all ready happened somewhere else even though that moment is also happening right... Its a little mind boggling, if I think about it for too long my brain goes fuzzy and I need to sit down.

Whats even worse is thinking about it on an international scale in the sense that there are approximately 7,000,000,00 people on earth and how knows how many more in the future and how many have there have been in the past meaning that their existence is also recreated an infinite amount of times for every moment they spend in this universe.

OK, I'm going to stop now, I feel a bit dizzy...

The Reincarnation Theory
A very popular belief that I believe originates ( or at least plays the biggest part) in Hinduism. I quite like this theory, I don't believe in it, however I do like the idea.

Hindu beliefs are very interesting and this one is no exception. In a nutshell it means that after you die depending on how you lived your life, whether with sin or with respect and kindness, you will be rewarded in you next life. That's right according to Reincarnation when you die your soul is reborn in another body, often a different vessel so if you were a human in your last life it is likely you will embody something different. Every time you die and reincarnate you will have no recollection of your previous life, but it is believed that two souls that have known each other in a past life are more attracted to each other in this one.

Your new form is also dependent on your behavior in your old life. Fore example if you lived a life of sin and greed you will become something like a slug or a rat, and if you lived a life of servitude, loyalty, and kindness you will become something like a bird.
It really is very poetic.

The Empty Theory
In my opinion This theory is a little too solemn, but some people like it. It gives people the urge to live their life to the fullest and in my opinion that is a good thing so I'll give you that one.

The concept is nothing lies ahead. Your born you live and you die and that's the end. Nothing after, nothing before, you just get one life and then the world goes on. There really isn't much else to say about this one except it can eventually lead you into a dark abyss depending on how you look at it. But if yoiu stay positive and use it as encouragement to live a good and happy life then good for you. 



I do not have one single view on the end of life it could end more than one way, and although I don't have any deep yearning to die right now, I am curious to see how it unfolds and where (if anywhere) death will take me.

See ya soon,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment