Tuesday 26 November 2013

Catching Fire

So I finally hauled my ass down to the cinema and watched The Hunger Games sequel, Catching Fire and I have to say, it went way beyond my expectations. I would definitely recommend this film to anyone! Even fans of the book who since Twilight have grown weary of films spawned of Novels. 

I really cant think of anything from the book that they missed out in the film except maybe a couple scenes; like when the head game-maker shows Katniss his watch, or the Avoxes (who weren't included in the first film either). But they did include all the funny parts which I'm so thankful for, as with movies that originated from books they often have to cut out some of the small unnecessary humor from the final product. And this may just be me, but those scenes are the parts of the film that make it worth watching more than once.

The casting was also really great in this movie, they really captured the right look of each character, in fact they looked just as I had imagined them to whilst reading the book. Which was absolutely heartbreaking when some of my most beloved elderly ( << hint hint) bit the dust.

I really recommend you guys go see it because I think it was a lot better than the first one was. And ticket prices may be rising at the cinema, but for a movie like Catching Fire its definitely worth the extra cash.


See ya soon,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment