Tuesday 5 November 2013

The Fault In Our Stars (Review and the Movie)

Recently there has been a huge craze over the book The Fault in our Stars written by John Green, so I decided to head over to the book store and see what all the fuss was about, and trust me it really isn't that great. 
Basically its about a boy (Augustus Waters) and a girl (Hazel Grace Lancaster) who both have terminal Cancer and they fall in love despite of their diffrences and  how unusual they both are. I kind of hoped it would be less on the soppy teen heartthrob side and more quirky and unusual.... boy I was wrong. 

However don't get me wrong the book did have some good parts, and some very good messages to take away with you. And it did a good job portraying each character 3 dimensionally as a real person, but unlike in reading other books I did not fall in love with any of the characters which is probably why it failed to move me emotionally when it came to an end.
I also learned a lot about how we (as a community) treat people with illnesses, or anyone who is different to us as a matter of a fact.

I cannot recommend it though (although I do love some of the quotes from the book), I just think it isn't my cup of tea although I'm sure some of you romantics would really love it, so don't take my word for it, read it and build your own opinions :) Or if you are lazy like so many people I know, you could just wait for the movie to be released which I think is happening some time in late 2014. Maybe the movie will be more to my taste. I hope so, perhaps I am just missing something that other people can see in the book and that I might see in the movie.



See ya soon,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment