Saturday 14 December 2013

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Most of you have probably seen  The Perks of Being a Wallflower a movie based on the book by Stephen Chbosky, but only recently did I decide to have a go reading it. And I must admit I was surprised by how much I liked it. 

Everybody knows that 99% of the time the book is better than the movie, and that goes for everything even Harry Potter, and although I did hear that in this case the rule applied I never quite believed it. I'm not sure why really, I just assumed it would be exactly the same with a couple extra details, which to be honest it was. However while reading the book I understood the characters so much more. I could see why so and so would do this, or that, instead of the right thing. Even though some of the characters came across very differently in the book, I still invested so much in each of them. It was really heartbreaking at times.

If you haven't read the book, I would recommend you get right on it, because if you were like me after watching the film ( a little confused) then the book will really clear up all of the loose ends you need tying up for you. Also Christmas is coming up, so if you run short of ideas of what to buy a friend just head on down t the local bookshop and buy a copy.

See ya soon,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment