Thursday 19 December 2013

It's Kind of a Funny Story


Recently I watched this really great film called it's kind of a funny story. To be honest the only reason I watched it in the first place was because it had Zach Galifinakis (or 'Alan' from the hangover) in it. And I am surprised by how much I enjoyed it actually, it might become one of my top 20 films. 

Basically it is about Craig, a high-school junior, in the gifted program, infatuated with his best friend's girl. When he realizes he's suicidal, he checks himself into the psychiatric ward of a hospital, thinking they'll do an observation, help him, and send him home in time for school the next day. Once in, however, he must stay for a week; the juvenile ward is being renovated, so he's in with adults as well as a few youths. Bobby, a man with a young daughter, shows him around; Craig notices Noelle, about his age. He tries to keep his friends from finding out where he is. And the longer he stays the more he learns about himself and about others.

It sounds kind of lame when you some it up in a synopsis, but it really is a very good story, and definitely  worth watching if you haven't seen it. I also recently discovered its a book as well which honestly I haven't read yet but I very much plan on reading it in the future. If its half as good as the film then I know I'm going to love it.

See ya soon,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment