Friday 6 December 2013

Marriage

Today I wanted to make a discussion kind of thing about Marriage because, to be honest, I don't really understand it. I understand why someone would want to show how much they love someone else with a big gesture, but you could just as easily buy them a house. These days a house would probably be the cheaper option.
I grew up in a somewhat broken family, don't get me wrong, we're all very happy, but when I was 9 my parents got a divorce. I don't remember them fighting in front of us, they were always very good at keeping that hidden which I am eternally grateful for, but in the end they couldn't sort out their problems and decided to leave each other. 

I guess that's why I don't believe in Marriage. I think being married it puts too much strain on a relationship. When you're just dating you try really hard to keep the other person happy, because you know it would be easy for them just to up and leave you one day. But with Marriage it's like there is a safety net, like you know you can come home drunk every night because you're only coming home to your wife. And you know from your vows that it lasts forever so you can mess up if you want to, cheat on you partner if you like because in the end they cant just pack a suitcase and leave you. Some people however get insanely stressed out by the fact they think its going to last forever, they chicken out, do what they can to make sure the relationship ends.

I know some people are married for years and are still very happy, and I have the utmost respect for those people, but I cannot see that in my future unless the person I am with desperately wants to be married. In which case (just for them) of course I am going to get married. But otherwise I don't see why I need a piece of paper to tell me I love someone. 


See ya soon,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment