Thursday 5 December 2013

Christmas Present Frustration

I can't be the only one who is constantly frustrated with not having any ideas of what to get people for Christmas. And this isn't just a Christmas think, it's just with presents in general, whether it be : Birthdays, Easter, Hanukkah.... I can't really think of any other holidays. 
So when you get frustrated and feel like your running out of time, think of this poem.


A yawning gulf between
My vision-tree and my reality-plant.

A yawning gulf between
The place I love to live and the place I live.
I love to live under the vault of heaven.
Alas, my existence lives
In the valley of the shadow of death.
Peace has escaped my remembrance;
Delight, too.

But I know a swing of the pendulum
Will change my face and fate.
My surrender supreme
Shall marry my dream-boat
With my reality-shore.



I know this was a short post, but sometimes when you are having stressful days, like the one I am  having today, then things are better when they are kept short. I also like listening to music when I'm stressed out, and when I'm frustrated I like to go on walks.

See ya soon,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment