Saturday 5 October 2013

Cute Ghibli Box Covers


For all my fellow Ghibli maniacs out there, this one's for you. I only just recently found out about these, as you can probably tell it takes me while to catch up on trends,but when I do I rock them like a hurricane. Studio Ghibli recently (2011) released a thread of blu-ray films, with special edition Japanese covers of some of their most beloved films. They are truly gorgeous and an awesome collection once you own them all.

 For those of you who don't know and have spent your entire lives living under a rock, Ghibli Studios produce some of the best, and most beautiful, films ever made. Granted they are anime movies, and to some people that's a problem. But give them a try and I can almost guaranty you'll fall head over heals for some of those characters (Howl fans you know what I'm Talking about). 

To my knowledge so far the films that have
 been released are:



  • My Neighbor Totoro
  • Howls Moving Castle
  • Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
  • Grave of The Fireflies
  • Kiki's Delivery Service
  • From up on Poppy Hill
  • Ponyo
  • Laputa, Castle In The Sky
  • My Neighbors The Yamadas
  • Arietty
  • Omohide Poro Poro
  • Whisper Of The Heart
  • Princess Mononoke
  • Porco Rosso
^^^ And probably more that I am forgetting.

I am so exited to complete a collection of these DVDs, they really have a feel for the movies and match the films very well. But it should be stated that they DO NOT come cheap. People say good things come at a heavy price and trust me, in this case that rule definitely applies. Let's be honest blu-rays don't come cheap at the best of times, but when you add delivery from Japan into the mix, the expenses are going to go sky rocketing up. They can cost up to as much as £90.00, so I would advise on only getting them in store. I mean in my opinion £90 is WAY too much money.  But hey, if you feel like paying out of your ass for a pretty box and shiny new features then I'm certainly not stopping you. 
Fan art by JapanLover.me

 For those who haven't watched any Ghibli movies and are reading this, I'm sorry, you're probably very confused. But what are you still doing sitting here, you need to get on top of things and watch at least one of the movies. May I recommend spirited away, Totoro or howls moving castle, those are my personal favorites. 

See ya soon,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment